Nursing home abuse and neglect comes in many different forms and under varying circumstances. There are several signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect. If you suspect that your loved one is the victim of abuse or negligence, you can take action.
How to report nursing home abuse and neglect.
- If your loved one is in immediate danger, contact 911 and the authorities immediately.
- Document all signs and issues
- Take pictures
- Track medical issues, prescriptions and financial statements
- Gather facts
- Document locations, symptoms and create a timeline of events
- Take picture of injuries and conditions if possible
- Voice your concerns with the staff
- Document the complaint in writing
- Get the name and contact information of the employee you speak with
- Call one of the hotline numbers.
- Adult care and assisted living complaint hotline: 1-866-893-6772
- Nursing home complaint hotline: 1-888-201-4563
- Hospice complaints:1-800-628-5972
- Call an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect attorney
Premier nursing home injury advocate.
My firm is located in the Linden Oaks Office Park in Rochester, New York, on Route 441 near the Rt. 490 expressway. If you have questions regarding your personal injury case, contact my office by calling 585-248-2000 or emailing me at [email protected].